What is a Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit Card?
The Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit Card is a credit card designed for customers who want to earn a competitive rewards rate on everyday expenditures. It has a 0% introductory APR and cash back benefits on every transaction. Cardholders can also take advantage of benefits such as no annual charge, online and mobile banking, and more.
Overview of Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit Card
Wells Fargo Active Cash provides endless 2% cash back on purchases and has no annual fee. This places it in direct competition with the top flat-rate cash-back cards available. The 0% intro APR on purchases and qualified balance transfers is valid for 15 months from account establishment, after which a variable APR of 18.74%, 23.74%, or 28.74% applies. Balance transfers completed within 120 days qualify for the introductory rate and cost of 3%, followed by a fee of up to 5%, with a minimum of $5, making it a decent option for balance transfers, however it does come with a transfer fee.
There are several alternative flat-rate cash-back cards that offer 2%, but the Active Cash card’s minimalism and ease-of-rewards-earning make it a wonderfully uncomplicated option. In addition, the card provides cell phone protection and access to Visa Valet and the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel collection. Though lacking in other features, this card is ideal for folks who don’t require the bells and whistles but are primarily interested in earning bank cash back.
Wells Fargo Active Cash Card Review
1. Earn an unlimited 2% cash back on everyday purchases.
2. After spending $1,000 in purchases in the first three months, you will receive a $200 cash rewards bonus.
3. Enjoy preferred pricing on select streaming services and everyday shopping discounts.
4. 0% initial APR on purchases and qualifying balance transfers for 15 months from account opening, followed by a variable APR of 18.74%, 23.74%, or 28.74%. Balance transfers made within 120 days are eligible for the introductory rate and fee of 3%, followed by a fee of up to 5%, with a minimum of $5.
5. 24/7 fraud monitoring.
6. Enjoy additional cardholder benefits such as travel accident insurance and online security protection.
7. No annual fee.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit Card
- With no illusions and a variety of redemption choices, you may earn unlimited 2% cash back on purchases.
- 0% opening theme APR on purchases and qualifying balance transfers for 15 months from account opening (then 18.74 percent, 23.74 percent, or 28.74 percent variable APR); balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee of 3%, followed by a balance transfer fee of up to 5%, with a minimum of $5.
- Provides essential benefits such as smartphone protection and Visa Signature privileges.
- There is no annual charge.
- Its purchase cash-back rate is lower than that of other rewards cards.
- Balance transfers must be accomplished within 120 days of the account being opened.
- There is a 3-5% balance transfer fee.
- To qualify for incentives, cardholders must have a significant Wells Fargo balance or direct deposit.
Wells Fargo Active Cash Card Rewards
The current welcome offer for the Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit Card is a $200 cash rewards bonus when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months. You will also earn 3% cash back on eligible gas station, ride share, and transit purchases, as well as 1.5% cash back on other eligible net purchases.
Wells Fargo Rewards points can be exchanged for cash back, purchases, gift cards, charitable donations, and other benefits. Wells Fargo Rewards points can be transferred between accounts and gifted to other Wells Fargo account holders.
1. No Annual Fee: With the Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit Card, you’ll enjoy the convenience of having a credit card without paying an annual fee.
2. Cash Back Program: Earn up to 3% cash back on everyday spending categories like gas, groceries, and drug stores.
3. Flexible Rewards: Redeem your rewards for cash back, statement credits, merchandise, gift cards, travel, and more.
4. Cell Phone Protection: Protect yourself with up to $600 per occurrence if you pay your monthly cellphone bill with your Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit Card.
5. Zero Liability Protection: Enjoy peace of mind knowing you‘re not responsible for unauthorised transactions made with your Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit Card.
6. Generous Credit Line: Get a large enough credit line to cover the cost of big purchases.
Interest Rates & Fees
- The low recurring cost and well-rounded zero-interest incentives make Wells Fargo Active Cash so appealing.
- There is no annual fee, no penalty APR, and a 15-month 0% intro APR for purchases and qualified debt transfers made from account opening.
- The Variable APR of 18.74 percent, 23.74 percent, or 28.74 percent may be lower than the current average interest rate depending on your creditworthiness.
- Only a few rewards cards now provide zero-interest on both purchases and qualifying balance transfers, so the Active Cash is one of your best alternatives if you want to transfer a balance to a Wells Fargo card or make a large purchase.
- there’s an intro 3 percent balance transfer fee ($5 minimum) for the first 120 days from account opening, then up to 5 percent ($5 minimum). It’s also worth being aware of the 3 percent foreign transaction fee if you plan to travel with your card.
Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit card compares to other cash rewards cards
The Wells Fargo Active Cash Card offers an unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases, which is higher than many other cash rewards cards. It also offers 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months which provides additional savings for cardholders.
Additionally, the card does not charge foreign transaction fees, which is beneficial for those who travel frequently or make purchases in foreign currencies.
Finally, the card features no annual fee, allowing cardholders to keep their rewards without signing up for any additional fees. Overall, the Wells Fargo Active Cash Card is a good choice for those who seek steady rewards and no annual fees.
Worthy of Wells Fargo Active Cash credit card
It depends on how you plan to use the card. The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card offers many different benefits, including 2% cash back on all purchases, a 0% APR for the first 15 months, and no annual fee. Depending on how often you use the card and your spending habits, these benefits could make the card quite valuable.